I am developing some application which gets data from R/3 system and should represent it as a tree. The data received in two tables the first contains data the second describes the hierarchical structure of the data.
In order to implement the task I nee to write custom code: mostly accessing and sorting context data.
All this raised a number of points/problems I want to share with you:
1. It is possible to bind collection to node element but impossible to get a reference to collection inside a node. Why is this? It would be very useful to get a direct access to collection or at least to have a tools like iterators to work with.
2. I want to sort one of the node element so I need to implement the Java Comparator class. What is a right place to do it?
3. I can add method the model classes which represents elements of collection, but is there a way to add a method related to collection (like getters or finders by some criteria in the collection of elements)?
4. Is there a way to write custom code and classes and then use it in webdynpro app ( not throw the model)?
5. If the answer to the previous question is yes then how to write code (or even classes) which are depend on generated WD code? (Like a Comparator class).
I think that those questions are general enough and I am not only one who have such problems.
Thanks in advance,