Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError exeption on webdynpro startup.

Hi, I encounter very strange problem developing Web Dynpro application, hope somebody can help me.

I am developing application with 2 views embedded in the GridLayout viewset. When I run my application I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError exception, after wdDoInit of all controllers were ended.

When I try not to embed views in viewset but just run one of the view without vewset it works fine.

Is somebody have an idea what can cause this strange problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Victor.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • May 04, 2004 at 11:54 AM

    Hi Victor,

    maybe it would help if you send in the complete strack trace?!

    Best regards

    Detlev

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    May 04, 2004 at 12:08 PM

    Here the stack:

    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ness/examples/bookingwithsuggestion/comp/wdp/IPrivate_Campus_StudentBookingWithSuggestionComp_StudentBookingWithSuggestionComp$WDActionEventHandler

    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1610)

    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1922)

    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1019)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.<init>(DelegatingView.java:41)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.createUninitializedView(ViewManager.java:486)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.getView(ViewManager.java:523)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.bindRoot(ViewManager.java:421)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.ViewManager.init(ViewManager.java:129)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.InterfaceView.initController(InterfaceView.java:41)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:200)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.displayToplevelComponent(ClientComponent.java:136)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:364)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.Task.createApplication(Task.java:190)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.execute(WebDynproMainTask.java:494)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:49)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:240)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doWebDynproProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:130)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:92)

    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:35)

    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

    at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:373)

    at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:250)

    at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:321)

    at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:299)

    at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:698)

    at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:223)

    at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

    at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:146)

    at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37)

    at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71)

    at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

    at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94)

    at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:140)

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi All,

      I talked to the developer regarding this issue and Detlevs idea seems to be a possible mitigation, but it needs to be consequent otherwise we would knock against this issue again very soon.

      For the design time we changed the default for the Eclipse Workspace (the path is definitly shorter now), but this was not the problem here.

      I have put it on the requirement list.

      Thanks again for your great feedback!

      Karin