Dear all Professional level Certification aspirants in SAP CO module,
I have recently passed the Certification test on SAP Management Accounting (CO) module in version ERP 6.0 EHP4. I have more than 4 years experience in SAP Controlling module.The following are some of my suggestions regarding preparation for the exam.
1. All the questions were scenario based. The exam tests expert level knowledge and real time scenarios in the module. The theoritical knowledge is not sufficient to clear the exam. Unless you have atleast 5 to 6 implementations in Controlling module, it is not advisable to give it a try.
2. Detailed knowledge of the system configuration settings about the various courses mentioned in the syllabus is required. One needs a clear understanding of Special costing functions, ERP integration, Transfer Pricing, Material ledger, New GL Parallel valuation, Planning and Budgeting fuctions in various components etc.
3. The exam tests in-depth knowledge about various integration aspects of Controlling module with other modules. The advanced master data functionalities of other logistical modules like MM, SD, PP, PM, QM, PS, CS, HCM is tested in detail.
4. Several methods of process and performance optimization of the system are also tested.
3. Some reporting aspects of BW and BI are also tested. The cross application aspects of the system are also tested.
4. The exam also tests the real time skills in preparing Blueprints, Business Process design and trouble shooting the system. Being knowledgeable about some of the processing errors and message classes will be of great help.
Hope this information helps you in preparing for the certification.
Should you need any clarifications, please post a reply to this thread and I will post answers.
All the Best!!