Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

WEB Dynpro JCO connection problem

Hi ...

I am facing a serious problem while trying to run the Web Dynpro application.

The JCO connections are tested fine while trying from WAS server, but giving the following error when tried to run ...

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type extern:com.sap.model.examples.types.IFlightsModel:com.sap.model.examples.types.Bapisfldst could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: failed to create provider: null

Please help.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 20, 2004 at 09:33 AM

    Hi there

    I ran it to the same problem, but when I changed the way the models are bound to the nodes , it worked . Are you testing this on some standard Function modules . I could check this up for you

    Regards

    Pran

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Pran,

      Thanks a lot for the reply. I am not using the nodes. I am using the simple application where I have a view set and 2 views. when I press a button, the results shud be displayed.

      I am using the BAPI GET_FLIGHT_LIST.

      It gives the error

      "com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type extern:com.sap.model.examples.types.IFlightsModel:com.sap.model.examples.types.Bapisfldst could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: failed to create provider: null

      Please help.

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 21, 2004 at 06:53 AM

    Hi,

    it seems that your JCO-Destinations are not defined in a proper way..

    It is important, that you use two JCO-Destinations;

    one for the Dictionary Data and the other one for the Application-Data.

    You have to define two differnt Destinations, one of Type 'Dictionary Meta Data' and one of Type 'Application Meta Data'. Both point to the same R3 System!

    The first one could access the R3 System only via MessageServer, so you have to take care, that accessing the R3-System via MessageServer must work properly.

    Hope this helps, Frank.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.