Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Generic Sync Example not working


I have tried to get the GenericSync example running but I get the following error

Internal Servlet Error:


at Source)

at Source)

at Source)

at Source)

at genericsyncexample1.GenericSyncExample.getUserInfo(

at genericsyncexample1.GenericSyncExample.doHandleEvent(

The Trace file in the LOG directory also shows the following entry

There is no MSD for current application (genericSyncExample)

I guess that I have missed a step in building and deploying the App, but I cant figure that out

Any help would be appreciated



Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 06, 2004 at 01:53 PM

    did you register the inboundProcessor already? 😊 you have to register a class implementing the InboundProcessor before creating the outboundfactory and container.


    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • I did register the inboundprocessor in the following method.

      public void doInitialize()

      throws ServletException {

      ClassLoader cl = getClass().getClassLoader();

      Log.log(Log.DEVELOP_LEVEL, "GenSynExample: Create GenSynExampleServlet.doInitialize with Classloader {0}",(cl==null?"(null)":cl.toString()));

      /* No resource bundle used setResourceBundle("ResourceBundle"); */

      // register class for datacontainer import

      InboundProcessing ip = new InboundProcessing();


      Log.log(Log.INFO_LEVEL, "GenericSyncExample servlet: Inbound processing class for function '''' registered.", R3_METHOD_GET_USER_INFO);


      I am still getting "There is no MSD for current application" error. Has anyone get the example working?

      Thanks, Helen.

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 21, 2004 at 04:37 PM

    The problem is a missing conversation id. The NullpointerException is thrown in the class


    I'm not sure, where this comes from, but am still debugging.



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      The point is: upload the application to WebConsole and get it from there again. verify the correct name of the jar file which has to be identical to the application name. Additionally look at the correct versions of the uploaded application (you have to provide the version).

      After uploading the application to the webconsole and downloading again, there's a mobile solution descriptor and a conversation id.

      After debugging a while and fixing the problems, the example works for me

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.