Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Xcelsius formatting problem.

Hi Guys,

We are having a couple of problems with some formatting issues with our clients computer.

After we have finished creating our dashboard & save it, we open it up the next day and the object handles for resizing or moving the objects have gone haywire.

For example some Object handles are totally off the screen, others do not match the actual size of the object that they are supposed to.

Also when we change the font or size of the ticket on a label in the dashboard it does not change over when you prieview it.

We have figured out that if we open up the dashboard we orginally saved on our computer we have no problems, but when oped up on the clients computer it has these problems.

The client has the exactly the same software patches for Xcelsius and Excel as us.

Can anybody think of anything that may be affecting the clients computer to cause these problems?

Thanks you in advance,

Nick

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 23, 2010 at 04:03 PM

    Are you opening the dashboard in xcelsuis software or using swf or pdf.

    We have had issues with differnt version of adobe causing the dashboards to look very different

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 24, 2010 at 01:23 AM

    the flash player version on the client computer might be different from yours.

    To find the version on flash visit the below link.

    http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

    Here is the link to download the latest player

    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM

    We have seen a lot of this problem in the past. I don't know why it happens but we have started using a work around. We build all of our text in PhotoShop and then export as a low res image. We load the image as a background and just place the other components on top. Works like an absolute charm. Formatting controls are much better in PhotoShop and you have zero issues with resizing. It has a side benefit of significantly reducing the number of components you have to use. On our last project we save about 400 text components using this approach and no grouping issues. I realize this may not be an options for everyone but it is best practice for us now.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.