Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

PAR Build problems with EP5.0 SP5 PDK

Hi all,

Has anyone else come across the problem with the building and deploying of PAR files from eclipse ?

I've found, to my cost, that you can be working happily with a project and testing it in your local PDK when for no apparent reason the build of the PAR file seems to take on a life of it's own.

This becomes apparent when changes stop taking effect in the deployed code, e.g. a new Bean setter/getter is unavailable but you can see it in the code

The compile in eclipse works ok and you can see the correct source in the PDK/Real Portal but the actual PAR file deployed contains old versions of classes.

The only way I've found of sorting the problem out is to copy out the classes to a temp project, delete the original project, create it again and cutting and pasting the classes back in again.

I'd say the problem seems to happen after creating a project from an imported PAR file resource but couldnt swear to it.

Anybody got a answer to this ?

Many thanks


Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Mar 05, 2004 at 09:46 AM

    Hi Richard,

    I assume you work with EP5?

    If this happens again (deployed par file contains old classes), try to deploy the par file with the Archive Uploader found inside the portal (DevTools -> Component Manager), but first remove the old par with the Archive Remover.

    This way you could sort out if it's a problem with the plugins depl. mechanism or the portal itself.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      I get this every once in a while too. I have tried removing and re-uploading the archive, but that didnt help either.

      A lot of times, the only thing that will work is to shutdown and startup the server again.

      And at least once, I had to go as far as to rename the class and the project, and load it as a new iView.

      The problem is, since it is not reproducible, it is difficult to troubleshoot or create an OSS for.