Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member



I have some problems with with BAPI (CRM 3.0). Some basic things like changing the

description or the probability work, but I now encountered some barriers:

1) Change the expected product value of product items

While there does exist a PRICING_ITEM table in the BAPI_OPPORTUNITY_GETDETAILMULTI,

there is nothing like this in the BAPI_OPPORTUNITY_CHANGEMULTI. How can I change

revenue value of the items? Somebody told me that I should try CONDITION_CHANGE.

Is there some documentation about the values of the fields in this table? I cant'


of course.

2) Create a new product item

I managed to update some fields of existing items (besides the value -> first question)

I also want to add an item to the opportunity. Therefore I add a new entry to the

ITEM table. I do this by cloning an existing item and updating some fields:

GUID -> empty (I don't know in advance)

NUMBER_INT -> to something unique

MODE -> A (should be the code for create)

Unfortunately the item does not show up after calling the BAPI.

I assume I have to create a link to the opportunity somehow. Maybe this has to be done

by setting the appropriate field. Is it PARENT or HEADER??

Again I couldn't find any useful documentation, neither in "se37" nor online.

3) Change the status of an opportunity

At first look this sounds to be trivial, but there is an own table for the status. The

BAPI_OPPORTUNITY_GETDETAILMULTI returns a bunch of entries for one single opportunity. Do I have

to add an entry? I already tried it out with several different combinations of parameters

but it didn't work...

4) A general question: Where can I find online documentation on the BAPIs? I know

this sounds like a typical FAQ and I already searched the Interface Repository

( but I couldn't find documentation

about this BAPI (maybe I'm too blind to see). Especially it's very hard for me as newbie

to find out which fields of a table have to be set and what the values have to look


5) doing changes with "se37"

I never managed to commit any changes using the se37 transaction. Although the BAPI call

seems to work, the changes never appear in the system. I also do a BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

manually. Does this not work with se37 at all?

Some examples (Java, ABAP or anything else) would also be a great.

Thanks in advance you for your help. I don't need to mention that these issues

are very time-critical (as usual).


Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 18, 2004 at 08:25 PM


    I'm wondering if you were successful in using this BAPI?

    I am trying to use it to update partners and am not having much luck.

    I have been able to update the status if this is still relevant.



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 02, 2005 at 01:17 PM


    Did you succeeded to add some info using the bapi BAPI_OPPORTUNITY_CHANGEMULTI?

    I need to add some scheduling data but it doesn't seem to be working.



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 02, 2005 at 06:54 PM

    Didn't you get any documentation in transaction SE37--> Enter Bapi name and display --> Go To --> Documentation?

    Further, Condition Table has to be used for pricing value determination. To get an idea you can check the table KONV ( Condition Table ) through transaction SE11.

    You need to know what condition types are applicable for it.

    I will suggest, forget BAPI, first have a look on Opportunity created manually ( through transactions )in your SAP system. There you can see these condition records.

    These condition records are used to calculate the net value. e.g there might be 3-4 records , one for gross value , another for discount , and then one for tax etc.



    Message was edited by: Ram Manohar Tiwari

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.