I am trying out the CarRental example that comes with the Web AS 6.30 (from the CD distributed during Tech Ed Las Vegas).
I took the following steps in order to publish the Car Rental as a "Web service"
- Created the entity bean (QuickBookingBean) and the stateless session bean (QuickOrderProcessorBean)
- Created a Web service definition for the stateless session bean
- Created a Jar archive for the bean (the archive now also includes the Web services related deployment descriptor, I think)
- Created an enterprise application archive
- Tried to Deploy
I am getting an error during the deployment - Complex type for the QuickCarRentalService could not be handled.
- Do I have to also create and include a Web application in order to deploy the Web service? Please note that in my steps above, I have not created a Servlet, JSP pages, etc. Would that be causing the problem?