I am working on a Scenario in XI very similar to Described in Master guide (1.3.5) & (1.3.2).( Data from a legacy system needs to be read at regular intervals & made available to another system(SAP) in the form of an XML Message.)
To be exact the scenario is like SQLSERVERDB<==>XI2.0<==>SAPR/3 4.6C
My Questions are,
1. Can I define in "SLD", the Legacy System Database (Non SAP system) from which data is read( Similar to how we define sAP systems in SLD) ?
2. Basically, I will be querying the database Using the JDBC Adapter. Since I am specifying the query during configuration of the adapter,I am not able to visualize the reason for specifying an Interface for the Legacy system in Integration repository. Assuming, still if I have to define an interface at DB side.
What will be the input & Output message type?
Does all these things will be taken care by JDBC adapter, while I configure the adapter?
Do I just have to define an interface & link that to the adapter?
3. If I need an Outbond & Inbound JDBC adapter. Do I have to run two instances of the adapter & configure one has Inbound and other has outbond?
4. In the XI Documentation it says JDBC adapter comes with XI2.0. I know I need to install & configure it. But is the adapter Free of cost?
5. Please refer me some websites/Links from where I can get information on how to Handle this type of Scenarios.
thanking you in anticipation