Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Template for ODS with Authorization Data (Values)

I have implemented (attempting to) the 0TCA_DS01 - Template for ODS with Authorization Data (Values), based upon Appendix 2 in the training materials (BW365). Along with that I supplemented it with the information in ?Structural Authorizations in BW? ,  ?BW 3.0 Authorization? presentation from the Know How Network call and finally, the ?How to Generate BW Authorizations from a Flat File?.

My question/problem is that in creating the Authorization object, it does not appear to be actually limiting any data in the Cube based upon the information I have in the Authorization data ODS. Below is a list of steps I followed and also data which I have in the ODS.

I have searched notes, the web and read through all of the above documents, as well as online help and the transcript from the Know How Network conf. call on the Authorizations presentation. I cannot find anything anywhere which indicates that I have done anything incorrectly or any reason why this should not work.

Data:

0TCTUSERNAME ? JSMITH

0TCTAUTH - Authorization Check Log does not indicate problems. It reports 0EMPLOYEE as being ?*?

There is no explanation of why that 0TCTAUTH field should be blank in the Authorizations ODS and there is not other notes, explanation or troubleshooting offered in any of the documentation I can find on this. It should just work as I have listed.

I am hesitant to open an OSS message as I think they will come back to me and say it is a consulting issue, but I am not sure that it is. Based upon all of the documentation provided by SAP, this process is not working as advertised.

Hopefully you can shed some light on what I may be missing.

Regards,

Stephen Heverin

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 11, 2004 at 01:31 PM

    Stephen,

        you mention that :

    "The log file for that user in RSSM -> Authorization Check Log does not indicate problems. It reports 0EMPLOYEE as being ?*?  "

    Doesnt this actually indicate a problem-wouldnt you expect it to say "75"  ? It implies that JSMITH can view All employees.

    Tony

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 18, 2004 at 07:41 PM

    Hi Stephen,

    You are right, this appears to be a consulting issue. Without logging into your system, it is difficult to diagnose your issue. But, here's few points for you to pounder:

    1. 0tctauthh is related to hierachy authorization and employees cannot not possibly have any hierarchical structure.

    2. If the userid JSMITH has any other authorization profile that might provide full authorizations, such as SAP_all, or * in 0employee fields.

    3. Did you create a authorizations variable for 0employee and included it in your query.

    Good luck.

    Amelia Lo

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I did get past this. The issue was not with what I had setup. In our Dev system, we needed to restart SAP (seperate issue) and things started working correctly after that. I am not sure what all happened, but my authorizations were being properly checked after that and have continued to do so.

      I implemented this in production and it has worked fine in our production system.

      Thank you for your feedback.

      Regards,

      Stephen