Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

strange behaviour of SAP PDK eclipse plugin

Hi everybody,

does anyone have a clue how to solve this kind of strage behaviour of the SAP PDK eclipse plugin for development of Java iViews? I already read a lot of FAQ ( @iViewstudio etc.), but it seems as if nobody else had this prob. by now (or was more successful in solving it...)

After installing JSDK 1.4, Tomcat 4.1.29, PDK 5.0.4, Eclipse 2.0.1 & Eclipse SAP PDK Plugin I quickly found out that in some situations eclipse/ the SAP PDK plugin behaved strangely.

1. After finishing some changes one normally tries to test them in the Portal/PDK. But unfortunately the plugin prevent this by ACCIDENTALLY refusing to build the PAR Package. In this case eclipse reports the error: "~...could not be built. ...project inconsistent... Package file is maybe in use by another application." I am not able to determine when and under what circumstances this (obviously) bug occurs. Naturally it is afaik not in use by another app. - as I mentioned this error occurs just each 3rd or 4th time.

Sometimes this can be overcome by just inserting a few charakters in the source an resaving/building. Sometimes one has to close and reopen eclipse completely. Therefore, as you can surely understand efficient development has got impossible. Solely restarting eclipse lasts for ages. I really can not stand this any longer. Please help!

2. When importing a PAR into a project eclipse reports error creating the project, but finally imports correctly. Sometimes "name collision" is being pretended to be causing the error.

I appreciate each and every comment, hint or solution.



Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 04, 2004 at 07:03 PM

    Hallo Matthias,

    I face the same problem not knowing the reason. But sometimes it is possible to avoid closing and restarting Eclipse by just deleting the .par file. It seems as if Eclipse gets itself mixed up while trying to rebuild an existing .par file. Sometimes even this is not successful, so I close the project, go into the file explorer and delete the .class files of the project aswell. Afterwards I reopen the project and the build runs through just fine.

    These two actions have prevented shutting down and restarting Eclipse when the build process failed.

    Hope this helps.



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Helga,

      after reinstalling JDK, EP5, Ecl(now 2.1) and PDK using versions that are recommended by SAP (in mid december) it now works fine. I assume you did solve the problem yourself long ago as I did. If not I could give you a comprehensive list of my installation.



Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.