Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

An error occured while creating the original attribute for

Hi All,

We encounter this error in "An error occured while creating the original attribute for " DMS very often when a user edits a file & tries to check in.

I searched the forums & realized that this is caused by the inconsistencies in the KPRO & DMS server and removing these

inconsistencies will repair this issue.

I have been deleting the inconsistencies using DMS reports DMS_KPRO_READ & DMS_KPRO_CHECK1 and it resolves the error

so the file is unlocked. But I haven't been able to figure out the ROOT cause of this issue.I couldn't find any information on the root cause of this issue. What can be done to fix this error permanently.

Regards

-Neha

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Nov 04, 2010 at 11:04 AM

    Hi Neha,

    based on my experience this kind of inconsistency may occur if there is a connection problem to the content server for example. Unfortunately I never was able to reproduce such a scenario and create a new inconsistency.

    Please see also the SAP notes 1403231 and 942227 which might be useful to avoid such inconsistencies in the future.

    Best regards,

    Christoph

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 08, 2010 at 06:04 AM

    Hi Neha,

    Please go to transaction SE16 and enter 'SDOKPROP' as table. Then enter 'DMS*' in the field PROP_NAME and press F8. Now all DMS related entries should be displayed to you. Please compare them with the following entries displayed in the attached screenshot and maintain the missing entries.

    DMS_ACTIVE_VERSION 00 Active Version

    DMS_APPLICATION 00 Logical application

    DMS_CHECKOUT_USER 00 Checkout User

    DMS_CREATE_AUDIT 00 Generate new version of the original

    DMS_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE 00 Default Language

    DMS_DELETEABLE 00 PHIO deletable

    DMS_DOC_KEY 02 IWB_DMS01 DMS_DOCKEY Document info record

    DMS_DOC_VERSION 00 Version of relevant document

    DMS_DRAW_APPNR 00 Application number from DRAW

    DMS_DRAW_DTTRG 00 Data carrier from DRAW

    DMS_DRAW_FILEP 00 File name from DRAW

    DMS_FILE1 00 File name(firstpart)

    DMS_FILE2 00 File name(secondpart)

    DMS_FILE3 00 File name(thirdpart)

    DMS_FILE_ID 00 GUID that points to table DMS_PHIO2FILE

    DMS_FRMTXT 00 Format description, ID of additional file

    DMS_MUP_CAT 00 Markup category

    DMS_MUP_FLAG 00 Markup flag

    DMS_ORDER 00 Sequence of additional files

    DMS_STATUS 00 Document status

    DMS_STATUSNR 00 Number in status protocol

    DMS_STATUSNR_X 00 References to Status Log

    Please pay attention that all entries are typed well and that there are no spelling errors. If all these values are maintained correctly in table SDOKPROP the dump and the error message should no longer appear.

    For further information you can also see the corresponding SDN WIKI page under

    https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/plm/error26296in+CV01N

    Regards,

    Ravindra

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Sudhakar,

      Sorry for this very very late reply.

      As suggested, I have been removing the consistencies from the document. But, the users are asking for the root cause of this issue.

      I tried to recreate this in DEV and QAS environments also, but it never happened there.

      Hi Neha,

      Did updating the versions of SAPHTTP and SAPHTTA help you?

      If any body has any other ideas on finding the root cause, please let me know.

      Thank You.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM

    Hi Neha,

    How do we check the inconsistencies using these reports DMS_KPRO_CHECK1 & DMS_KPRO_READ ?  And how do I correct it?

    Thank you

    Sudhakar

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Sudhakar,

      normally if you face such an issue you can use report DMS_KPRO_READ for the affected document info record to get the relevant LOIO- and PHIO-ID.

      In a second step you can execute report DMS_KPRO_CHECK1 to scan your content server or content repository for existing inconsistencies. Due to the set radio button the LOIO- or PHIO-ID entries are displayed in the result list.

      As soon as you got a result you can search with the ID noted down from the DMS_KPRO_READ result and check if this specific ID is in the list. For further information please see also the SAP note 906266.

      Best regards,

      Christoph