Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Restore worked - but I recived error messages

Hey guys,

We are testing a new netbackup<->sap config, and our first point in time restore worked... However, I was a bit nervous

as I did recive one error (see below)... it seems to be complaining (returncode 5) about the backup utility call failing.

********************************************************************************

BR0374E 27 of 27 files restored by backup utility

BR0280I BRRESTORE time stamp: 2010-11-02 17.03.54

BR0231E Backup utility call failed

BR0406I End of file restore: reemdgkd.rsb 2010-11-02 17.03.54

BR0280I BRRESTORE time stamp: 2010-11-02 17.03.54

BR0404I BRRESTORE terminated with errors

===============================================================================

BR0292I Execution of BRRESTORE finished with return code 5

Either way, the restore was successful, but, we would love to know where this came from.... perhaps a bad .utl or .sap file entry...

Thanks everyone for any suggestions.

Richard

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 03, 2010 at 04:32 PM

    You should check the log file of the restore for the error. We can only see the very last lines here and not the real error. The log file can still be found in your /oracle/SID/sapbackup directory.

    Cheers Michael

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 03, 2010 at 05:14 PM

    Hey,

    there is nothing after the log... the restore continues, I open the db, and life is good.. however, I don't ever feel all warm and fuzzy when there is still an error showing:

    Below is more info: (could that be the issue "xxxx has already reported by backup utility"?

    BR0280I BRRESTORE time stamp: 2010-11-02 16.53.50

    #FILE..... /oracle/SM1/sapdata4/sr3usr_1/sr3usr.data1

    #RESTORED. VXF1288722547

    BR0372E File /oracle/SM1/sapdata4/sr3usr_1/sr3usr.data1 has been already reported by backup utility

    [31703.00] 16:53:50 (77676.001) /oracle/SM1/sapdata1/undo_1/undo.data1

    BR0280I BRRESTORE time stamp: 2010-11-02 17.02.49

    #FILE..... /oracle/SM1/sapdata1/undo_1/undo.data1

    #RESTORED. VXF1288722547

    BR0372E File /oracle/SM1/sapdata1/undo_1/undo.data1 has been already reported by backup utility

    [31703.00] 17:02:49 (77676.001) /oracle/SM1/sapdata1/sysaux_1/sysaux.data1

    BR0280I BRRESTORE time stamp: 2010-11-02 17.03.10

    #FILE..... /oracle/SM1/sapdata1/sysaux_1/sysaux.data1

    #RESTORED. VXF1288722547

    BR0372E File /oracle/SM1/sapdata1/sysaux_1/sysaux.data1 has been already reported by backup utility

    [31703.00] 17:03:10 (77676.001) /oracle/SM1/sapdata1/system_1/system.data1

    BR0280I BRRESTORE time stamp: 2010-11-02 17.03.52

    #FILE..... /oracle/SM1/sapdata1/system_1/system.data1

    #RESTORED. VXF1288722547

    [31703.00] 17:03:53 (77676.001) INF - TAR EXITING WITH STATUS = 0

    [31703.00] 17:03:53 (77676.001) INF - TAR RESTORED 27 OF 27 FILES SUCCESSFULLY

    [31703.00] 17:03:53 (77676.001) INF - TAR KEPT 0 EXISTING FILES

    [31703.00] 17:03:53 (77676.001) INF - TAR PARTIALLY RESTORED 0 FILES

    [31703.00]

    [31703.00] 17:03:54 (77676.001) Status of restore from image created Tue Nov 02 13:29:07 2010 = the requested operation was successfully completed

    [31703.00]

    ********************************************************************************

    BR0374E 27 of 27 files restored by backup utility

    BR0280I BRRESTORE time stamp: 2010-11-02 17.03.54

    BR0231E Backup utility call failed

    BR0406I End of file restore: reemdgkd.rsb 2010-11-02 17.03.54

    BR0280I BRRESTORE time stamp: 2010-11-02 17.03.54

    BR0404I BRRESTORE terminated with errors

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi,

      As pointed out by Michael can you please paste the logs from the netbackup.

      /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/dbext/logs

      Did you try restoring a single file like only the controlfile and see whats the message its giving and paste the netbackup logs.Thanks.