Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Problem when open a bsp link in a office document (word, excel, ppt...)

Hi experts,

I developed a bsp application where the "index.htm" does the search and pass the result in "application variables" so that the "doc_list.htm" can display the result.

When I copy paste the link directly in IE7, it works perfectly but when I paste this link in a MS Office Application (Word or excel for example) and click on this link, it opens the bsp but doesn't display the result.

By debugging, I discovered that the "doc_list.htm" is initialized twice. The first time, it goes in "on initilization", all my "application variables" has got the data but after construction of this "doc_list.htm", this "on initilization" is called a second time and all my variables are empty and the page is build with empty data.

Do you have an idea why this happens only when I open this bsp through a MS office application.

Thanks for your help

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

4 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 28, 2010 at 01:59 PM

    hye..

    Very intresting observation..

    I have few question.

    -> how are you passing the data from Search page to result page. Are you using an application class which is linked your application.

    -> is you application a stateful application

    ->how is the link given in the MS word document.

    Please let me know so that i can replicate the scenario

    Regards

    Imran.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 28, 2010 at 02:19 PM

    Hi Imran,

    - yes I use an application class and both variables are "instance attribute" and "public". As I said, both variables contain the values in the first "on initialisation" of the result htm page but loose the values in the second "on initilisation"

    - yes the bsp application is stateful

    - the link is given to word with copy/paste (and "enter" which build automaticaly the hyperlink). I checked the hyperlink and it's ok, all the parameters are right.

    here is an example of the parameters that I put in the link:

    http://maplmqa.sylvania.com:8000/sap/bc/bsp/sap/z_phl_guest/index.htm?dokar=ZPI&doknr=0000000000000000001846610&doktl=DE&dokvr=01

    Thanks for your help

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 03, 2010 at 02:15 PM

    Hi,

    No idea about my problem ?

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 27, 2016 at 10:33 AM

    Hi,

    how did you resolved this problem please? I have exactly the same problem, but I cant find any solution.

    Above mentioned solution with session did not help.

    Thanks for your help.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.