Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Failed to retrieve data from the database.DB Vendor Code 156

Hi,

We recently migrated our scheduled Crystal Reports from BO XI R2 platform to BO XI 3.1, and are having issues with select reports that pull from the same SQL database. The tables and fields exist in the database - and I ran the SQL in a different tool and the syntax is correct. When I try to run an on-demand or schedule one of these reports in 3.1 Infoview I receive the following error:

Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 156 ]

Running:

CR 2008 SP2

BO XI 3.1 SP2 (FP 2.7)

Please advise! Thanks!

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 20, 2010 at 12:16 PM

    One other key item to note. I opened the report in CR 2008 from the Enterprise folder - and the report refreshes without issue. It's when I try to run on-demand or schedule in Infoview is when I receive the error.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi LuAnn,

      Actually that is very helpful info. Can you drill into each formula and see what and which one is causing the problem and then Verify it, browse each field reference to confirm the field exists and has not changed.

      If it fails in CR Designer it will fail in BOE also. BOE assumes the reports work before publishing.

      Likely what has happened is either the field references have changed after the update, could be a difference in DB patches or could be a change in how CR handles the various field types.

      Need more info on what formula is causing the problem and what it's trying to do. If you have formula that are not used in the report I suggest removing them first.

      Thank you

      Don