Skip to Content
0
Former Member
Oct 19, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Frustrating Error - Please Help

1084 Views

I'm building a windows form app using vb.net, Visual Studio 2008, and CR 2008 (12.0.2000.0). I have a very simple app that loads a report into a viewer control when the form is loaded. About 80% of the time, the report loads with no issue. The other 20% of the time, I receive an exception which Visual Studio doesn't point out where in my code it is, so I'm assuming its the CR viewer that is throwing it. Here is the code I am using, and the associated exception is below. I can't for the life of me figure this out, and the issue has been replicated on a clean system running the CR 2008 SP3 Runtime. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

VB Code:

-


Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Dim Report As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument

Report.Load("c:\report.rpt")

crystalreportviewer_main.ReportSource = Report

End Sub

-


Exception:

-


System.NullReferenceException was unhandled

Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Source="CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms"

StackTrace: 3

at CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.PageControl.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.PageControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)

at Rock_Pond_Solutions.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81

at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

InnerException:

-


Edited by: mlager on Oct 20, 2010 12:41 AM

Edited by: mlager on Oct 20, 2010 12:44 AM