Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Problems with Context change Log mechanism

Hi Experts,

Am stuck with a weird problem. I had used the concept of Context Change Log within my WDA Component to keep track of the fields changed by the user & it was working perfectly fine until today. It has now all of the sudden stopped keeping track of all the context changes. I am very much calling the ENABLE_CONTEXT_CHANGE_LOG( ) method in my WDDOINIT & then calling the GET_CONTEXT_CHANGE_LOG( ) method within my WDDOBEFOREACTION method. [I did now try check it within the WDDOAFTERACTION as well but it isn't functioning even over there either.] Is there any other setting which might stop/hinder the performance of the context change log? I went through the documentation on help.sap.com but there wasn't anything of that sort mentioned in there.

The context & code within the components methods continues to remain the same as when it was working earlier.

I am not disabling/de-activating the mechanism by calling DISABLE_CONTEXT_CHANGE_LOG( )/ RESET_CONTEXT_CHANGE_LOG( ) anywhere

Also I am only trying to capture the changes made by the user manually. (i.e., no dynamic programming changes.)

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Uday

[personal info removed by moderator]

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 20, 2010 at 03:59 AM

    Hi uday ,

    Just a wild guess...

    Try once by passing the AND_RESET parameter with value abap_false when calling the method GET_CONTEXT_CHANGE_LOG method , so that log is not reset . You may be already doing this or tried with this option.

    Other than this , no suggestions.

    And do post the solution if you find one.:)

    Thanks,

    aditya.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Aditya,

      Thanks for the suggestion but yes I have already tried passing and_reset = '' to the method as well. I did see in the documentation as to how the context log is reset every time we call the get_context_change_log method. But this hasn't resolved the problem.

      Regards,

      Uday

  • Posted on Dec 02, 2010 at 12:46 PM

    The issue does still exist but closing off this thread as I have changed my approach to use the method GET_CHANGE_LIST of class CL_WD_CONTEXT_SERVICES instead.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.