Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Wrong currency translation - weird problem

I am trying to perform currency translation but for some reason the number is appearing different every time I run the currency translation. The translated values are 2 times +1 times the earlier translated value.

We have the followign Rates:

JPY =1 -report

USD_M = 0.5

USD = 0.5 -report

All rates are M[ultiply]

Translation 1 (for USD_M company)

LC data = 1000 (no rate)

USD data = 1000 (rate=1 i expect this to be triangulated)

JPY data = 500 (rate=0.5)

Translation 2 (for USD_M company) - we just run FX Translation from DM again

LC data = 1000 (no rate)

USD data = 2500 (rate=2.5 i expect 1)

JPY data = 1250 (rate=1.25 i expect 0.5)

I am using standrad script logic (FXTrans).

Rate app is set to YTD = N/A (that is the only setting we have) we input all rates under PERIODIC.

Also we removed the default logic in the Rate app and keyed directly into RateCalc to see if that was the problem.

I am just wondering how the system is getting this different multiplier when I run the translation every time?

Edited by: rohitktm on Oct 12, 2010 5:47 AM

Edited by: rohitktm on Oct 12, 2010 5:48 AM

Edited by: rohitktm on Oct 12, 2010 5:48 AM

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 12, 2010 at 10:27 AM

    Please ensure you are on the latest version of SQL SP.

    Then you can start investigating.

    Actually i noticed a pattern with your exchange rates. It seems the rate is actually tripled (i.e 0.5*3).

    It cannot be a coincdence that you have 3 members in RPTCURRENCY.

    Ensure you are passing LC to FXTRANS and not LC,USD,JPY as this would cause the problem you are having

    Perhaps you can post your FXTRANS script, in the meantime try putting

    *XDIM_MEMBERSET RPTCURRENCY=LC

    at the top of your FXTRANS logic file.

    This sounds like a very obscure problem, so please check your SQL and then App setup before changing anything.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      We updated to MS SQL 2005 CU 11 and this solved the problem of the translations being different everytime we run the DM package however the result was still incorrect.

      We took your code and pasted it in the top of each fxtrans script logix file and then validated.

      This solved the problem!!!

      Thank you very much. You are Genius.

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.