Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Fields missing in MPD report after change to structure and program

I have been working on a consistency report for transaction MPD.

I had created a structure in SE11 for handling the data. it was all working, but then i had to go and change the name of the fields in the structure. Now those fields are missing from the report.

When i step through the debugger, all the fields are being populated correctly, but these fields are not displayed on screen. if i change the field names back in the structure and change the code for populating these fields, they appear okay.

i have created a custom implementation within BAdi MPD_WKB_REPORTING.

i have checked the config and it all points to my Z Structure and Z Table Type. I have logged off and logged back on! made sure my code is saved and activated...

any ideas on how i can display these new fields names/values?

Just for clarity, the field name has changed. not the linked data type.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Sep 21, 2010 at 12:38 PM

    I know nothing about "MPD" but if the report you mention uses ALV (grid or list) the behaviour you describe looks like a problem with ALV buffer (cache of field catalog). There's a report BCALV_BUFFER_DEL_SHARED which allows to clear that cache, you can run it with SE38. See also note 339258, 400368 or some others with term "ALV buffer".

    regards

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      thanks for your response, however those notes and program have not done anything to assist my issue.

      i have found the anwser now! 😊

      within the BAdi was a method i had to amend: IF_EX_MPD_WKB_REPORTING~GET_ALV_PARAMETERS

      all fixed now! 😊