Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Cut off date is not being considered in calculation of POC

Hi,

I am using milestone method as measurement technique for earned value.I am assigning diffrerent milestones with different fixed dates with different %age for progress analysis to activities. Date of one milestone is 05/09/2010(POC is 30%) and for the other is 15/09/2010(POC is 70%).

While running CNE1 I select date as 06/09/2010 instead of selecting the period directly. In CNE5 the Planned POC I am getting is 100%. But it should be 30% only coz till 06/09/2010 only one milestone has reached its fixed date.

Can you some one provide some help for the same?

Regards,

B P Singh

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Sep 21, 2010 at 09:58 AM

    B P Singh,

    Always remember this, POC's are calculated for a period, not for a particular date. Even if you give date in CNE1, system will determine the period from the Date and will calculate the POC for the period.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Yes, I am aware of the F1 document, but I have done testing along with my ABAPer in the past to know the purpose of the field. All I could find is once you enter the date in the field the program calls a functional module which converts date into period.

      I also checked your note, but it says " the system does not take into account the use of a To-date for activities" so I am just wondering whether it will work only for activities.

      All I can suggest is raise an OSS message to SAP and see what they reply.