Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Problems with QCM tables in DB export

Hi gurus, I have a problem with an export that I'm performing, the problem is that the R3SETUP is trying to export a QCM table "QCMT066" but this table doesn't exits in the database.

(EXP) ERROR: DbSlExeRead: rc = 107, table "QCMT066"

(SQL error 942)

error message returned by DbSl:

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

The R3 system is a 4.6C and runs over HP-UX 11 64 bits and Oracle 8.1.7

I read and search SAP notes and inside the SAP forums, but I didn't find anything that could help me.

The transaction SM13 says that --> **** No update records found **** when I execute without client, user and date parameters.

The transaction SE11 says that the table in fact doesn't exits in the database, and if I execute a select sentence (SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM DBA_TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME LIKE 'QCM%') I can see that there is no table with this name.

In transaction.

The transaction SE14 > Extras > Invalid temp. table show the text " ... List is empty "

So please, Do you know what I could do to solve my problem?.

Thanks and best regards

Edited by: Juan Francisco Estrada Garcia on Sep 3, 2010 11:02 AM

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 03, 2010 at 03:38 PM

    Hi,

    Work around will be ( which i do in these cases) remove the table from the .STR , the first run might be a pain if you have more than one such table , but for the later runs you already know the tables, you can remove the tables from .STR before you start the export.

    Regards,

    Neel

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 03, 2010 at 05:15 PM

    Thank you, that is just what I did.

    I found this [tread|r3load export error ORA-00942 for table QCMBTXBLOK; where the people talk about .TKS files, but the version that I'm trying to migrate is too old, and the R3LOAD doesn't use TKS files, so I edited every file(.EXT, .STR, .TOC) that contains references to QCM* tables. I deleted every line related with this kind of tables, and finally everything work and the export ended successfully.

    Thanks

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi,

      Good to hear that you were able to complete the export. Editing the STR would have been good enough , but doesn't harm if you edit the EXT and TOC also.

      Another thing which you can do pro-actively is remove the entry for any index assossicated with those tables ( if in case they exist) from SAPVIEW.STR , so that you dont get any failure message during import.

      Regards,

      Neel

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 04, 2010 at 08:59 AM

    Thanks a lot, I just checked the file SAPVIEW.STR and there is nothing that make reference to QCM tables, so thank you for your advice, next week I'll do the import so I hope that everything go fine.

    Thanks and best regards.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi ,

      Please check in the Nametab tables for existence of QCM entries.

      Delete the entries for QCM tables from the nametab tables and then generate the STR files.

      Regards

      Ratnajit