Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Exception message disappears once checkpoint activated in SAAB

Hi,

I have an issue on CRM 7.0 I get an error message 'Details An exception has occurred during program processing', the message occurs when the user is linking to a duplicate service ticket, it does not actually stop the user from progressing.

Normally I use transaction SAAB to activate checkpoint group BSP_WD_EXCEPTION_DISPLAY as instructed by the message and can examine the error further. However, when I do this it means the message is not repeated, there has recently been a ot of change in the system and previosuly this message was not experienced

Has anyone else had this before and know how to track it down? I suspect not, but someone probably knows more than me about this.

I have tried setting the debugger up to stop at exceptions, but nothing seems unusual when I try that, it does stop at quite a few exceptions though.

Many Thanks,

Tim

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 10, 2010 at 06:42 AM

    Activate the checkpoint "BSP_WD_EXCEPTION_DISPLAY" using transaction SAAB. In Activation Tab under "Assertion" area make sure you select log and then activate it.

    Rg,

    Harshit

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 10, 2010 at 07:56 AM

    I had already done that Harshit, it just made the error message disappear.

    I did find the error though it was simply that an object being called that had not been instantiated.

    Don't know why activating SAAB did not give me more details though, it made it much harder to track this down.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Sadly I found no way to get SAAB to work and tell me the problem, in this case, normally it gives me some help.

      I had to go through the code and work it out where I found an object was not assigned, but was called. As this was some code which should not have been there anyway it was not cuasing any actual issue in my case.

      It probably is a bug with the standard code that SAAB does not pick up everything.

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.