today I faced a problem regarding the SAP ACC. As I wanted to stop a system via the Adaptive Computing Controller the ACC throws following exception:
Error: SAP Instance not found!
So I checked a few things:
1. InstanceAgent: Agent is ok, and WebInterface is ready for running methods... so this works.
2. checked profiles of the Instance... also ok
3. checked entries of /usr/sap/sapservices ... also ok
4. I tried the webmethod call like the acc on OS level (with user sapadm and running hostagent)=>
saphostctrl -function StopInstance -sid E94 -nr 94 -saplocalhost ple94as11
next message was: Error: SAP Instance not found!
5. checked the instance listing
[sapadm@xanthus ~]$ saphostctrl -function ListInstances
Inst Info : E96 - 96 - hre96as11 - 700, patch 236, changelist 1121384
Inst Info : E86 - 86 - ie86as11 -
Inst Info : EBH - 63 - bgebhas11 - 640, patch 247, changelist 1005670
Inst Info : E98 - 58 - roe98as11 -
here you see, that the E94 is missing... so what is the problem with this... why doesn't the SAPHostAgent find this instance?
Thanks and best regards