We have MTO (Made to Order) products in a business that I am considering HUM for. The MTO stock means stock linked to sales order (special stock category = "E"). We have a requirement to pack batches onto a pallet and produce a label. The delivery doesn't exist at point when I need to pack inventory onto a handling unit and create a label.
So, was thinking I would need to do the following...
1) Create a unassigned HU (HU02)
2) Assign stock to the HU (pack via HU02)
3) Generate a label for the HU (via output)
4) Later, create a delivery and pick and pack this unassigned HU.
Again, my issue is I need to create the HU and print the label before the delivery exists. This causes problems later since the HU is unassigned. I cannot seem to be able to pack this onto the delivery or shipment.
I have configured a packing station and SSCC related number range (object LE_SSCC) which appears to correctly create the HU id when I use HU02.
I have tried using HUPAST, but it cannot see the sales order stock (special stock category "E").
1. So is it possible to still pack this unassigned HU I created onto a delivery or shipment?
2. Is there another approach I should be considering?