Skip to Content
Former Member
Dec 02, 2016 at 02:57 AM

Updating Namespace Using XSLT Not working after Simple Transformation

273 Views Last edit Dec 02, 2016 at 02:58 AM 2 rev

Hi All, I am trying to remove existing namespaces and add another namespace to my XML Document. When i didnt added the attribute, it was working. Now, when i added an attribute "id" the removal code is not working. My XML Document is:

I used XSLT_TOOL to create a simple transformation(z_add_attribute_xslt) that gave the following output:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <n0:eCPR xmlns:prx="" xmlns:n0=""> 

<n0:employees> <n0:employee> <n0:name id="20019768">Paul John</n0:name> </n0:employee> </n0:employees> </n0:eCPR>

But, What i want it to be is:

 <CPR:eCPR xmlns:CPR=""> 

<CPR:employees> <CPR:employee> <CPR:name id="12345">JOHN SMITH</CPR:name> </CPR:employee> </CPR:employees> </CPR:eCPR>

The XSLT Code(XSLT_TOOL) which i applied was: z_remove_namespacee_xslt
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="" xmlns:CPR=""> 
 <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/> 
 <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/> 

 <xsl:template match="*"> 
 <xsl:element name="CPR:{local-name()}"> 

But, the above code is not working and it is not removing the namespaces.

ABAP Code:

call transformation z_add_attribute_xslt
  source cpr = ls_abap_data
  result xml xml_result  .

call transformation z_remove_namespacee_xslt
source xml xml_result
result xml xml_result.