Skip to Content

SQL to Alter Table Partitioned

I need to change the size of decimal places in a field, but the table is partitioned and the message I can not do, what is the correct procedure?


SAP DBTech JDBC: [7]: feature not supported: modifying partition column failed: VLR_LIQUIDO01: line 1 col 43 (at pos 42)

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Posted on Feb 04, 2019 at 07:07 PM

    The message should be clear. The field is used to decide to which partition a data record is assigned. So you cannot change the field type. If you wanna do that, you have to undo the partitioning, adjust the field type and then create the partitions again.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.