Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

JDBC sender adapter is polling but not picking up any data

Hi,

We are using PI 7.1 and for some reson our JDBC Sender Adapter has stopped picking up data. It was working previously.

In the Communication Channel Monitoring I can see that at the regular poll intervals it says "Processing Started" but nothing else happens.

I ran the same SQL Select and Update Queries in TOAD and they work perfectly.

I also tried creating a new JDBC sender comm channel but it behaves the same way.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks,

Krishneel

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

6 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 24, 2010 at 09:41 AM

    Hi,

    Pls post Logs

    Regards

    Laxmi Bhushan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 24, 2010 at 09:41 AM

    Hi,

    We had an identical problem this week. Making a copy of the communication channel and using this one instead of the original one was our workaround. We did not succeed in getting the original CC up and running again (restarting JDBC adapter - JDBC adapter server - adapter framework - J2EE did not work).

    Kind regards

    Joris

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 24, 2010 at 09:44 AM

    Hi

    Go to Runtime workbench and then select your Sender CC and find out what error you are getting there and post it here. Also check whether you have activated your channel or not.

    Regards

    Dheeraj Kumar

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 24, 2010 at 09:45 AM

    Hi,

    The JDBCadapter ( The respective channel) is definitely locked in PI . Ideally for each polling interval a lock is being created and once the processing is over , the lock should be released/deleted automatically to allow further polling interval. If the lock is not released by the system automatically,further polling will not happen as expected. ( This may affect all sender JDBC adapters as well. I would recommend to do a check in all sender JDBC communication channels)

    You can see/delete the locks in Visual admin.

    Go to Server>Services->Locking adapter and click refresh

    The entries for JDBC adapter ( with name $XIDBAD.JDBC2XI) should be deleted by selecting those particilar entries and click delete selected locks.

    If you have more than one node, then same should be done in all server nodes.

    The temprory solution would be creating/copy the existing channel in ID with same properties and assign it into particular sender agreement.

    But, the lock may be created again which potentailly stops all your database interfaces. Hence i would suggest to use Disconnect From Database After processing of Each messages in Advanced tab in the sender JDBC adapter.

    Hope this solves your issue.

    PS: The same bahaviour would expected for all file adapter as well

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jun 24, 2010 at 09:47 AM

    try restarting the JDBC adapter service in NWA ?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      restarting JDBC servive in NWA and VA will not solve this issue unless you delete the locks in VA

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 25, 2010 at 05:18 AM

    Rajesh you were right. The communication channel was locked. I had to go into NWA and unock it. I also ticked the checkbox in the Comm Channels options to 'Disconnect From Database After processing of Each messages.'

    However the comm channel keeps locking. I double checked the SQL select and Update commands that I am using and they work fine in TOAD.

    I turned up the level of logging on NWA and I checked the logs (SAP LOGS, Default Trace) but I dont see any errors.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded