Skip to Content

Logon Error when Using soap Web Service

Hi,

I'm trying to determine why I'm getting the following error message when I submit a Web Service from our Custom Application to SAP. This error is occurring in SAP ECC 6.0 SPS16 (Quality Client) and we do not have the JAVA Stack installed. Our currently Production Installation is SAP ECC 6.0 SPS4 it works with out issues, however the Upgrade to SPS16 has produced alot of differences in web services.

Also note that this service has been tested succesfully using soapUI Version 2.51. and Version 3.5.1 without producing this error.

The user that is being utilized in all tests is an Internet User only. I would also like to know if there is away to trace Internet User authorizatiion issues.

Any help that can be provide is highly appreciated.

Error Message:

-


Logon failed

What has happened?

Call of URL http://bagqs1p1.rac.ray.com:1080/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zwd_material_create/200/zwd_material_create/zwd_material_create

terminated due to error in logon data.

Note

Logon performed in system AGQ.

Logon performed for client 200, user , and language EN.

What can I do?

Check that you have entered the client, user, and password correctly.

If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

Error Code: ICF-LE-http-c:200-l:E-T:1-C:5-U:84-P:54-L:5

HTTP 401 - Unauthorized

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

-


Sincerely,

Cris Anderson

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Posted on Jun 17, 2010 at 08:25 PM

    hi

    did you check if the user is bloked at SU01?

    does the user has the permission to access the WS?

    check if any system user is bloked

    Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Jun 17, 2010 5:28 PM

    also see this

    http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Http+Codes

    Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Jun 17, 2010 5:32 PM

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • The user is not blocked. We have assigned the user to the web service in SICF. All web services were tested using soapUI with the username\password not set in SICF and they all ran successfully when the username\password is set in soapUI only. We then tested the username\password setting in SICF and soapUI with no username\password and they were all successful again. We are using the same username\password on all web services so I don't understand why this one is failing.

      I do have a question on which level do you populate the logon data, each of the web services has 4 objects in SICF. In SPS4 there was only one object and that object is the one we assigned the Logon Data. In SPS16 using SOAManager it creates 4 Objects:

      default_host/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zwd_material_create

      default_host/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zwd_material_create/200

      default_host/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zwd_material_create/200/zwd_material_create

      default_host/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zwd_material_create/200/zwd_material_create/zwd_material_create

      We currently have the Logon Data set on:

      default_host/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zwd_material_create

      default_host/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zwd_material_create/200/zwd_material_create/zwd_material_create

      What I can't figure out is why the web services work correctly when using soapUI but fail when using a different application. All of these web services work in SPS4, but there may be some additional differences that I'm unable to identify with the SPS16 Version.

      Did the setting of the Username and Password change in SPS16?

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 17, 2010 at 08:56 PM

    Did you check your user exist in the system?

    Logon performed for client 200, user , and language EN.

    you have removed the user name or the error is like this?

    if error is like this that means it is not able to read the user name itslef.

    So check for that.

    Thanks,

    Hetal

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jun 18, 2010 at 05:17 PM

    I did some additional testing using both my Web Application and soapUI and I found the following:

    Both of these URLs will succesfully work with Logon Settings established in SICF when executed using soapUI, however the top url will not work when executed from the Web Application but the shorter one will.

    http://bagqs1p1.rac.ray.com:1080/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zwd_material_create/200/zwd_material_create/zwd_material_create

    http://bagqs1p1.rac.ray.com:1080/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zwd_material_create

    In SICF we noticed that there are unique differences for setting the Logon Settings. The Top Level Node zwd_material_create only requires a few settings (Client, User, Language, Password) along with Security Requirement which we set to Standard and Authentication which is set to Internet User.

    The lowest level node zwd_material_create/200/zwd_material_create/zwd_material_create has the same settings exect there is an addition section called Logon Procedure List. Does this have an impact on why soapUI works and the web application does not?

    Also, the web application is using Apache AXIS to handle the communication to SAP.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.