Skip to Content

Mapping question regarding eBay Orders data.

Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem with some ebay from their api, getorders > listorders. Not sure if any of you are familiar with it but the structure of the data from eBay is different depending on whether there are just one material number or if there are variations. When a variation exists my mapped material number's go out of synch. I think this is a context issue and i've tried to put a mapping logic in there.

The logic: If SKU exists under item, then use that, ELSE, use the SKU from the variation.


This works 90 % of the time but sometimes the material number is something from a long way down in the data received.

Some pointers on how to trouble shoot this would be most gratefully received.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Feb 07 at 05:00 PM

    Not completely sure, if I got this right, tbh: You problem is that you don't know (for sure) where (speaking xPATH) your material number resides in the output XML because it is changing? If so, can you find it with some sort of identifier within the XML?

    Maybe post an example here :-)

    Cheers

    Jens

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Feb 08 at 09:59 AM

    1.png2.png

    Hi Jens

    The problem is that eBay send material number in SKU field most of the time, then sometimes they provide the SKU in a substructure of item called Variation, in which case i am to take the variation SKU. I've managed to get this working with the majority of orders. But when i get to a idoc that has multiple e1edp01 segments (line items) it seems to skew the rest of the data in the file, i.e. material numbers and other details seem to be passing over to the order following the next order, if that makes sense. i can attach an example of the structure eBay have defined and the mapping if that helps plus an example of how the data is thrown out of sync.

    Ive attached two documents that show the core mappings for the scenario showing context etc. I hope this helps.

    Ive tried putting the data that throws the data out of synch between 2 good pieces of data that i know will post and 2 after the multiple line item and it all seems to work ok, it only seems to get thrown after processing a larger number of orders.

    Many thanks,
    George.


    1.png (191.2 kB)
    2.png (69.7 kB)
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Feb 08 at 10:11 AM

    ebay-to-orders-mapping.txtAdditionally attached are the wsdl files renamed to xml due to the nature of the upload program in here. Also attached is the word based mapping in a txt file.

    ebay-source-wsdl.txtebay-target-wsdl.txt


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded