Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

missing objects?

Hi,

I was asked to add some Zfields to a PI interface from SRM to ECC.

When analyzing what was there i saw the following message in SXMB_MONI

Sender Service: xx_DEV_SRM_xx

Sender Namespace: http://sap.com/xi/SRM/SE/Global

Sender Interface: ServiceAcknowledgementERPCreateRequest_Out

Receiver Service: xx_DEV_ECC_xx

Receiver Namespace: http://sap.com/xi/APPL/Global2

Receiver Interface: ServiceAcknowledgementERPCreateRequest_In

When searching the Repository and the Directory for the components i could not find all related objects:

In the INTEGRATION REPOSITORY

1) I cannot find the receiver namespace

2) I cannot find the receiver interface

In the Integration DIRECTORY

3) I cannot find the receiver interface as an interface connected to the receiver business system

4) I have a receiver determination and an interface determination object but NO interface mapping object

So all in all i have some difficulty understanding how the interface can work at runtime without all the components being visible in the builder.

If anyone can give some comment on the above that would be helpful.

Then i need to find a way to add the Z fields to the interface.

Is this just a matter of creating a customer swcv and then copying the objects i need and expanding with my Z-fields?

Do i then have to create a mapping object? Or can i use the same method that was used in the standard PI, i.e. creating RecDet and IntDet without having an interface mapping?

Thx for any useful comments.

Kind regards

Robert.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 16, 2010 at 02:39 AM

    Please - delete, got posted twice, @ robert refer the post below

    Edited by: Srinivas on Jun 16, 2010 8:15 AM

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 16, 2010 at 02:40 AM

    Hi Robert,

    The SRM XI content (component) is generally imported in ESR and it creates the required objects in

    ESR and also the Proxies in the backed SAP system and these are nothing but standard service

    interfaces provide by SAP.I think in your case also its the same way followed.

    Is your interface working fine without the addition of Zfields which you mentioned.

    If not , then please check if the XI content was imported correctly or someone deleted the objects from ID

    this might be the reason

    of missing objects u see.

    Is this just a matter of creating a customer swcv and then copying the 
    objects i need and expanding with my Z-fields?

    If it is working fine,then no need to worry you can create the structural enhancement by creating the

    required dependencies in SLD and creating an enhanced data type.This is because the standard

    XI content doesn't allow to edit directly, the best way is to create data type enhancement

    please refer this guide http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0bb5687-00b2-2a10-ed8f-c9af69942e5d.

    Regards,

    Srinivas

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Srinivas,

      All content was imported as is normal and nothing was deleted afterwards.

      Yet i could not see the receiver namespace or receiver interface in the repository or the interface or mapping in the directory.

      Still the interface showed to be working perfetly fine in SXMB_MONI.

      I suppose that by installing out of the box and customizing, some object are created in the backend systems that are not visible in PI (although i dont like that concept very much)

      As for adding the Z-fields to the SAP object, we did that now following the link you gave me. That was very useful link indeed.

      Thx

      Robert

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 16, 2010 at 09:07 AM

    Maybe i'm not clear on every point yet, but i got the result i needed for today.

    Robert

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded