Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Pipeline detect false duplicate keys in PowerBuilder 12.6 and Windows 10

I have an app that has been working properly during the last years, it was developed with PB from version 8 to 11.5.1. But now, with PowerBuilder 12.6 and Windows 10, I'm trying to introduce some changes and fail things I haven't touch.

I developed in an XP environment with PB 11.5.1 and the version compiled on it works more or less fine in the new users' environment, Windows 10 with Oracle 32-bits drivers, it only seems to have a problem with the message at sending mail because we use Thunderbird, but it works. But now, my developer environment is, as I mentioned before, PowerBuilder 12.6 Build 4108 and Windows 10. Apart from the problem with even parameters that disappeared and produce errors in datawindows and pipelines, which seems to be resolved after desactivating some programs from the start option, I'm having troubles with pipelines objects because they have started to detect false duplicate keys and I don't know what's going on.

I have a series of 16 pipelines which are called one by one in a loop to download data from one Oracle 11.2g r2 database to another. They started to download but now some of them are failing because detect false duplicate in primary keys. I have checked both database and these duplicates don't exist, moreover, everything worked before changing Powerbuilder version and operating system, and works with the version compiled in my old environment. If I change the order in which they are executed the error appears in other pipelines and when I try to run them from the desing window they seem to work properly.

I have been cheking all I could and read posts on this SAP support site and other web pages but I still have the problem and don't know what else I can try. It's really important for the users this option works.

I would appreciate any kind of help.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Former Member

    I'm not sure why you are getting this, have you tried extracting the SQL that is being used and looking at the data set that is being retrieved? That might give you a clue.

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 01, 2016 at 06:17 PM

    Have you tried setting the "Max Errors:" to NO LIMIT?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 02, 2016 at 09:03 AM

    It's the same, continues detecting false duplicate keys. I need they detect this cases if they are true but not false positives.

    I think that perhaps there is some kind of problem with the columns and pipelines don't recognise them properly but I don't know why that works compiled with and old version doesn't work compiled with the new one without any changes in that part.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 26, 2016 at 10:23 AM

    Hi again,

    I have followed doing tests trying to discover what's goin on. I have checked that there are no duplicates in the source data, and that the data I'm going to download with the pipelines don't exist in the destination database. If I deactivate de primary keys and duplicates controls from the destination database the pipeline download duplicate registers so the pipeline is duplicating them someway. I have tried using DISTINCT in the retrieve clause to force not to read duplicates but it still generates them. As I mentioned, there are no duplicates in the origin but just to try.

    Please I need some help, I don't know what's happening and how to avoid this and it is a very important part of this application.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded