Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Role deletion in frontend and backend - ERM.

Dear all,

I have an error in my ERM installation, version AC-ERM5.3_11_2.

I try to delete a role via the option: "delete from backend and frontend".

When I do that I get a confirmation message telling me that the role is successfully deleted from frontend and a background job for deletion in backend has been scheduled. When the background job is completed (with no errormessages), the role still exists both in backend and in frontend.

  • To delete a role from frontend only works fine.

  • I have sufficient authorization in the backend system for role deletion.

  • Under miscellaneous configuration I have defined that role deletion in backend is allowed.

  • I know that the connection towards the backend system is correctly set up since I am able to maintain roles via PFCG from ERM.

Anyone seen this happen before?

BR

Kari

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 08, 2010 at 07:22 AM

    Hi ,

    The front end roles are not sync with back end roles. You can do one thing to test it properly.

    .

    Create a new role in ERM and during creation of role you can sync the role from ERM with the backend system by clicking synchronize button, you should able to see the new role in PFCG. Then try to delete it and check whether it id deleting the role or not.

    Regards,

    Satyabrat

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 10, 2010 at 05:30 PM

    Hi Kari,

    We are having the same issue here at my client. We just upgraded to SP 12 and that hasn't helped. Were you able to find a solution to this?

    We have two systems set up - Development and Production. The interesting thing is that this works in our GRC Development box but not in the GRC Production box. All our configuration is set up the same way for both.

    Please let me know if anyone knows the solution to this issue.

    Madhu

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Satyabrat,

      Thanks for you tip. I tested according to your description a while go, but I am sorry to report that it did not solve my issue.

      Madhu,

      What happened here in between is that we solved this issue here the other day. We found that we had an error in our configuration of the system landscape I was testing towards. I had three systems in my system landscape of which two were obsolete. I removed the two obsolete systems and then the role deleting in frontend and backend worked perfectly.

      We have however, like you, implemented SP12 now. And the interesting thing here is that it stopped working again after that... I verified of couse that the above described configuration was unchanged after the upgrade. If anyone out there is good at interpreting System Logs, maybe they can have a look at this one:

      2010-06-10 17:10:19,308 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_24] ERROR

      java.lang.Throwable: java.lang.NullPointerException

      at com.virsa.service.cache.CacheObject.deepCopy(CacheObject.java:92)

      at com.virsa.service.cache.CacheObject.getValue(CacheObject.java:33)

      at com.virsa.re.cache.RECacheUtil.getSystemLandscape(RECacheUtil.java:1574)

      at com.virsa.re.dao.jdbc.LandscapeDAO.findLandscapes(LandscapeDAO.java:448)

      at com.virsa.re.bo.impl.LandscapeBO.findLandscapes(LandscapeBO.java:243)

      at com.virsa.re.configuration.action.ListLandscapeAction.searchLandscape(ListLandscapeAction.java:157)

      at com.virsa.re.configuration.action.ListLandscapeAction.execute(ListLandscapeAction.java:64)

      at com.virsa.framework.NavigationEngine.execute(NavigationEngine.java:273)

      at com.virsa.framework.servlet.VFrameworkServlet.service(VFrameworkServlet.java:230)

      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

      at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.RequestDispatcherImpl.doWork(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:321)

      at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:377)

      at com.virsa.framework.servlet.VFrameworkServlet.service(VFrameworkServlet.java:286)

      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

      at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.RequestDispatcherImpl.doWork(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:321)

      at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:377)

      at com.virsa.framework.servlet.VFrameworkServlet.service(VFrameworkServlet.java:286)

      Best regards

      Kari

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 13, 2010 at 01:16 PM

    Just for closing up this old post. SAP has confirmed to us that this is an error which will be fixed with SP14.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.