We installed our sandbox system as ECC 6.0 ABAP Stack only (EHP4 ready installer).Operating system is Windows Server 2008 R1 Standard Edition with MS SQL Server 2008.After that we did EHP4 Upgrade on ABAP Stack.Our system is now ECC6.0 EHP4 ABAP Stack.It took around 12 days for whole activity.
This was time consuming process and we do not expect this much time for Installation of ECC 6.0 EHP4.
We are planning to do Developmenet setup and we want to proceed as follows in order to save time.
1) Take Export of SAP Sandbox system using SAP standard export method used for homogenous system copy(source system) which is not released for customers yet so no configurations in it.
2) Prepare target system by Installing SQL2008 Database on target Devlopment server.
3) Start ECC installation on target system (this is EHP4 ready installer)
4) During Database installation provide export of Sandbox system (taken in step 1) as DB
5) Complete system installation.
This way I will have ECC 6.0 - EHP 4 available with lesser time
any thoughts to this approch.