Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

DC Activation Problem in CBS

Hello,

I am facing DC Activation problems in CBS.

- We have two DC utils and config. The config DC uses utils DC and everything is working fine locally

- Today we are migrating these local projects in NWDI.

- I created new DCs in NWDI and copied the SRC folder. Did all required steps for migration, built locally and it works fine.

- I then checked in utils and activated the same in NWDI, its working fine.

- I then defined the dependency from the active workspace and everything is still fine.

- Now I checkin the src of config DC and build the same. Here the problem arises. The Build Fails

- Checked SDN and can see lot of people facing this problem but there is no solution.

Any pointers to solve this problem will be helpful

Regards,

Shubham

Here is the problematic area in log:

[wdgen] [Info] Generating packages/com/arteriatech/ppc/uivisibilityws/model/Scrvar_Fstat.java

[wdgen] WARNING: Metadata of component UIVisibilityComp is not valid! ComponentUsage "//WebDynpro/Component:com.arteriatech.ppc.uivisibility.comp.UIVisibilityComp/ComponentUsage:HandleExceptionCompInst", Role "UsedComponent": A minimum of 1 object(s) is required

[wdgen] [Error] com.arteriatech.ppc.uivisibility.comp.UIVisibilityComp --> Component UIVisibilityComp: Has invalid component usage 'HandleExceptionCompInst'

[wdgen] [Error] com.arteriatech.ppc.uivisibility.comp.UIVisibilityComp --> Component UIVisibilityComp [HandleExceptionCompInst]: Component usage has no used component

[wdgen] [Error] com.arteriatech.ppc.uivisibility.comp.UIVisibilityComp --> Component UIVisibilityComp [ValidationCompInst]: Component usage has no used component

[wdgen] [Info] Catching throwable null

[wdgen] [Info] com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAntTaskError

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 01, 2010 at 09:03 AM

    Try a Sync DCs: Your NWDS probably has not downloaded the active version of your Utils DC.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Problem Solved.

      I removed the utils DC from my client. Also deleted the folder from the workspace. After this I created the project from the Dev Config perspective again. I was surprised to see there is no component in my utils DC and thats why the problem was there.

      I again copied all the src folder in the workspace and refreshed the DC. Now it locked all the source in the activity. I checked it in and repeated the above excercise. This time all the source code was there.

      I deleted the dependency in the config dc and created again from active workspace(although now I realize it was not required) and checkedin and activated.

      Hurray!!! It got activated.

      Regards,

      Shubham