Could someone please help me with the following:
My customer has a large amount of assets under construction (AuC) and also other assets. None of the assets under consctruction should have a depreciation key (or depreciation key 0000) and no depreciation accounts are allocated in transaction AO93 for AuC . But my customer now has incorrectly created a few AuC (that should NOT be depreciated at all) with depreciation key LINK. What happened?
1) Test run depreciation (AFAB) for all assets in period 1 during 2010. In test run no error log was created, everything looked fine.
2) Executed depreciation in background.
3) When looking at each of the assets in transaction AW01N I can see that all assets (both real assets and AuC with depreciation key) has depreciation posted in period 1. BUT, no depreciation has been posted in general ledger on any of the asset classes!
4) I have now changed the depreciation key on all AUC in AS02 to 0000 so that no depreciation will be calculated.
5) Trying to run AFAB again for period 2 but error message says that period 1 was terminated and that period 1 should be restarted.
6) Trying to run period 1 again in AFAB with restart but error message says "Account 'Acc.dep. accnt.for ordinary depreciation' could not be found for area 01" and refering to all of the incorrect AuC that I have corrected (to no depreciation key)
Please how can I go on? I want to reverse the depreciation in period 1 since I didn't get any posting i the general ledger. And then I want to make a new depreciation run only with correct assets (only depreciation on real assets, not on AuC).
I am very thankful for any help!
Many many thanks in advance!