Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

SPAM/SAINT Update error

Dear Guru's,

After completing the installation of solman 7.0, started the post-installation and we planned update the support package level to current level, so we started to apply the support packages, in the beginning itself if ask for SPAM update and we copied the SPAM/SAINT (SAPKD70038) update file to EPS/in. Now its throwing an error message.

====================================================================================================

- Error in phase: CHECK_REQUIREMENTS

- Reason for error: QUEUE_NOT_EMPTY

- Return code:

- Error message:

Notes on phase CHECK_REQUIREMENTS

QUEUE_NOT_EMPTY: The transport buffer still contains OCS requests

that were not completely processed. To display these requests, use

the following tp command:

tp SHOWBUFFER <SID> -DSOURCESYSTEMS= TAG=SPAM

====================================================================================================

while executing the above command, its showing that trans directory was not set.

====================================================================================================

solccp01:sm1adm 23> tp SHOWBUFFER SM1 -DSOURCESYSTEMS= TAG=SPAM

This is tp version 372.04.70 (release 700, unicode enabled)

E-TPSETTINGS could not be opened.

EXIT

Error in TPSETTINGS: transdir not set.

tp returncode summary:

TOOLS: Highest return code of single steps was: 0

ERRORS: Highest tp internal error was: 0208

tp finished with return code: 208

meaning:

error in transportprofil (param missing, unknown,...)

====================================================================================================

While executing tp connect

====================================================================================================

solccp01:sm1adm 25> tp connect SM1 pf=./TP_DOMAIN_SM1.PFL

This is tp version 372.04.70 (release 700, unicode enabled)

Connection to Database of SM1 was successful.

This is R3trans version 6.14 (release 700 - 12.06.09 - 15:20:00).

unicode enabled version

R3trans finished (0000).

tp finished with return code: 0

meaning:

Everything OK

solccp01:sm1adm 26>

====================================================================================================

We running the solman 7.0 on AIX 5.3 with DB2 9.5

Could anyone guide on this.

regards,

Guna

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

2 Answers

  • Posted on May 06, 2010 at 09:36 AM

    > After completing the installation of solman 7.0, started the post-installation and we planned update the support package level to current level, so we started to apply the support packages, in the beginning itself if ask for SPAM update and we copied the SPAM/SAINT (SAPKD70038) update file to EPS/in.

    Start STMS and delete the current queue. Then start SPAM again and apply the SPAM update.

    Markus

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on May 06, 2010 at 09:27 AM

    You should run transaction STMS once.

    This will ensure you have a transport domain.

    Without one you can't update any packages.

    p.s. SPAM/SAINT should be updated to 39.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded