Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Long running in Move Nametabs phase while applying SAPKIBIIP2

HI All,

I am applying SAPKIBIIP2 (BI 7.03) patch, its long running in MOVE NAMETAB phase, I checked dumps in st22..there were no dumpsu2026in sm37 RDDMNTAB is also active & in sm50 I found its taking long Sequential Read for this table D010TAB. Checked OS space also..no space issueu2026checked tablespace thru brtools I found for 2 tablespaces ists almost 99% usedu2026I found on forums..i need to rum table statics for above table & also increase the tablespace for 2 tablesu2026.my concern is u2026shud I stop this running patch & do all ths activitesu2026or I should wait till this completesu2026???

If I stop this patch & increase tablespace n again start ths patchu2026what are the possibilities of DUMPu2019s??? coz I need to deliver the system ASAP.

Waiting for your repliesu2026.

Regards,

C Singh

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM

    Hello Mr. Singh,

    if there are no basis patch in the queue you can abort the import process now. update stats for D010TAB and D010INC and if other tables you want. increase the space where needed and then retry the import from the SPAM.

    make sure when you abort the import no tp and R3trans should remain active at OS level. You should clean them. similarly check if the RDD* job should be cleanly stopped in SM37.

    Best Regards

    Niraj

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 07, 2013 at 03:51 PM

    Hi together,

    I had the same situation just with some HR packages - 24hours by now for 6 small EA-HR and SAP_HR packages. SPAM gets stuck in imp all, producing slow progress in .../trans/tmp/P######.SID file but no dumps, errors or the like. SM50 shows access to D010TAB from DDIC user - but nothing special except the elapsed time.

    So I tried aborting the job, all tp/R3trans processes - even restarted the system several times (incl. DB, killing left processes etc.) - nothing worked for me. All update statistics were up-to-date etc.

    But then I noticed that index 1 of D010TAB was marked bad - so the system did a full table scan for each nametab to check. Not surprising that it would have taken more than one day to check all nametab entries. So I repaired the index via DB50 (MaxDB) (might take some time - our D010TAB was really big) and now SPAM has finally passed that imp all phase and starts the real import.

    I know this thread is quite old but I thought it would be a good idea to share my solution.

    Cheers!

    Marie

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded