I have a long running ABAP report and I will need to analyze its runtime for performance improvements.
How may I correctly run this ABAP report in the background from SE30 (runtime analysis tool)? The report has to be run using a specific variant for its selection screen inputs as well.
This is what I have done:
1. Go to SE30
2. Click on "For User/Service" button under "Schedule"
3. Create new Schedule Measurement with the following details:-
- User (<my user name>),
- Client (<properly specified>),
- External Session (Any),
- Processing Category (Background Processing),
- Object Type (Report),
- Object Name (<ABAP report program name>),
- Max. No. of Scheduled Measurements (1),
- Expiration Date & Time (<properly specified>)
5. In the screen "Overview of Scheduled Measurements", I have the following displayed as well:-
- Scheduled = 1
- Started = 0
- Errors = 0
- Status = Being processed
Am I still on the right track here? (Started = 0 and there was no way I could specify the variant for the selection screen input values too)
Please help. Appreciate any inputs at all.