Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

CUP 5.3 (SP9) Error message on RAR risk creation workflow

Dear Experts,

I got a message "multiple initiators found" in RAR.

The situation is:

(1) I am trying to kick a risk approval workflow in RAR.

(2) I had a workflow path with one approval stage, but I needed to add one more stage to the path, but since CUP does not allow a modification of already existing workflows, I created a new initiator and new workflow path.

(3) Now, I have a two initiators for risk creation.

My problem:

When I try to create a risk and trigger a workflow, I get the message. I believe this happens because I have two initiators for risk creation in CUP config. Though I realize that, there seems no way I can delete the old initiator since it is tied to a number of approved requests.

My question:

How do I eliminate or inactivate the old initiator so that I can get my new approval workflow going?

Help me.

HM

Edited by: HM on Mar 18, 2010 3:44 PM

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 18, 2010 at 03:00 PM

    Please check the following thread:

    ae-deleting-initiators-which-are-already-tied-to-r

    Note 1048452 - Unable to delete initiator from AE Workflow.

    Thanks

    Himadama

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      You both are right. Even if the path is deactivated the initiator is not deactivated so initiator will still look for matching path. Also, SAP has stopped providing SQL deletion script so you will have to look at all the tables starting with 'Virsa_AE' and "VT_AE'.

      Alpesh

  • Mar 18, 2010 at 04:17 PM

    Deleting a path is usually not a problem - you can deactivate it after making it a detour and removing the initiator from it.

    After that you can also just delete the Initiator - no script required.

    Frank.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Thanks to both of you, the problem has been solved.

      What I did was:

      (1) Update to SP11, which allows the archive and elimination of requests.

      (2) Execute the archive and eliminationu2014this is ok for us since our current environment is a test box.

      (3) Incorporate Frank's schemeu2014switch an approval path to a detour.

      (4) Now, the initiator can be deleted and no longer interferes with kicking off a workflow.

      Thanks!

      HM