I created a web service for BAPI_PRODORD_GET_DETAIL and used it as a data connection in an offline interactive form. I am able to successfully execute the data connection, send request parameters, and return response structures, but have not been able to successfully return response tables.
I've been using the SAP Press book "SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe" which has a chapter on using WSDL data connections in offline scenarios via web services. One of the authors, Juergen Hauser, also has an excellent blog [Using Web Services with SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe- Overview & Tips|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8735] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];. Here are the steps I have taken,
- Create a form interface import parameter. The parameter table type has the same line type as the returned table response structure.
- Added the table import parameter to the context of the form.
- Created a WSDL data connection in the data view of the form.
- Created a button for calling the web service by dragging the LiveCycle Designer generated data connection button from the data view to the form layout. I set the button's control type as "Execute" and selected "Re-merge Form Data" on the Execute tab of the Object palette.
- Created a table for the data. I have tried creating the table in a few ways:
1. Dragging the table from the data view data connection response (creates subforms with table/body roles in hierarchy)
2. Dragging the table from the data view data connection response and converted to table via the menu, Table -> Convert to Table
3. Creating the table in the hierarchy by manually creating a table object
In defining the table in the hierarchy, I have proceeded with the following,
- Table: No default binding, import/export binding to the data connection response table
- Item: Default binding to the data context DATA, import/export binding to the data connection response item
- Item fields: Default binding to the data context DATA->field, import/export binding to the data connection item->field
Then, I save the form locally as both interactive and dynamic with usage rights (The SAP Press book describes a very useful program for doing so). Executing the data connection returns the return message structure but not the table. Placing a breakpoint in the BAPI shows the table is populated.
I am using LiveCycle Designer 8.1.2 and Adobe Reader 9.3.0.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on where I am going wrong?