Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

B1Studio mixes matrix column data sources

Hi all,

I've been experiencing the following annoying B1Studio problem, when mapping DataSources on matrix columns. The process is all done inside Visual Studio 2013, and the sequence is this:

- I add a matrix object and DataTable datasource to my user form

- I add all columns needed to my DataTable (manual type)

- I add columns to my matrix and map each one the correct DataTable column ds & alias

- I save the form changes and check the DataSouce and Alias mapping column is correct

- I close the form edit in VS2013 (the project is still open), and open it again

- I check the DataSource mapping and all DataSource definition is lost except from the 2nd column on the matrix (which is incorrectly mapped with DataSource form last matrix column)

I've experienced this problem in different SAP versions, both 9.1 and 9.2 versions.

Does any body experienced this problem? If so, is there any workaround for it?

The solution I came up is to save the matrix b1f/xml in a separate file, to allow the replacement again when this error occurs.

Thanks!

JC

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Nov 29, 2016 at 03:32 PM

    Hi João,

    There are some issues with B1Studio, from the issue you are reporting to losing the definition of ChooseFromList conditions in XML, menus definitions, among others....

    My recommendation is to do what you did, export the file to it's XML representation and then use WinMerge to compare and merge a copy of the file when you need to make some change.

    ps: sometimes B1Studio will also refuse to reflect changes made in the XML and reload the file. You have to close it entirely to see the changes.

    Pedro Magueija

    LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded