Skip to Content

Maintaining Languages in Web IDE Project Settings leads to errors in Fiori Elements Annotation

Hello SAP Web IDE Fullstack & Fiori Elements Experts,

I'm using the SAP Web IDE Fullstack on SAP Cloud Platform Production which is currently on Version 181206 and ran into the following issue today:

Before I started changing anything in my app the annotation0.xml file looked completely fine:

then I went into the project settings an maintained English & German as Supported Languages and set English as the Default Language:

That resulted in the following change in the manifest.json:

which then resulted in the following Issues in the annotation File:

I've reverted the change in the manifest.json and reloaded Web IDE with "Disable Cache", but the issues are still the same:

Hope for some help here.

CU
Gregor

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Dec 21, 2018 at 09:00 AM

    Hi Gregor,
    Thanks for reporting the issue, the fix ready and will be available in 2 weeks. Until that, you can use a manual workaround:

    1. Make sure the hidden files are visible. If not, select View->Show hidden files

    2. Open the project.json file in the che folder of your project. You may select Beautify from the context menu on the file content for better readability.

    3. Add i18n as the value for resourceModelName as follows: \"resourceModelName\":\"i18n\" and save the file.

    4. Reload SAP Web IDE. You may need to empty the browser cash for the changes to take effect.


    changes.png (22.6 kB)
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded