My disclaimer: I know less than nothing about IDOCs. So hopefully I lead you down the right path. I have searched SDN and then tried google. As far as I can tell I've gone thru the right steps. But since it isn't working I must have skipped a step.
Here's what I've done:
1. Changed the segment via WE31. I had to cancel the activation. So I activated it again. It did generate a change request.
2. Updated the custom function module. Hard coded a value into that field just to see if it would work.
Tested it by running the invoice transaction. I see the IDOC with all the fields except for the one I added.
1. Cancel the activation on WE31.
2. Cancel the activation for the Object via WE30.
3. Activate the segment via WE31.
4. Activate the object via WE30.
5. Verify the structure was correct via SE11.
All looked good, I tested again. Again the IDOC was generated with all the fields except for the one I added.
I've since tried some other things. That do not really make a lot of sense, but I tried them. Does anyone know what I'm missing? How do I get the new field to display on my IDOC?
(I've also checked the partner profile via WE20 and verified the message type and object...)