Dear PS experts,
I have some queries on the scenario on "Purchasing Assets with Projects".
Really hope that you guys can help me on this area.
1.I have created a project ( t-code CJ20N) and create a fixed asset ( with the assignment of WBS element in 'Time-dependant' tab in Asset Master) (t-code AS01).
2. Budget has been allocated for all the WBS created in this project.
3. Budget availability checked is activated.
4. Using t-code ME21N PO is being created using account assignment 'A' for asset and maintain the asset number accrdingly in the screen and Save.
5. In Asset accounting,we had maintain the configuration for project depreciation expense posting using the following transaction;
(a) activate Acc Assignment Elements for AA (tcode S_AL0_96000020) and
(b) Assign the WBS to account assignment type for depreciation (tcode S_KI4_38000341).
1. Since the budget availability control is being activated for this project, and during creation of PO wt acct. assgnmt 'A' the system still allowed for PO creation even budget is insufficient ( PO can be save w/o any error). This is definately incorrect!.
2. Testing has been done for other screnarios such as Purchasing for project ( acct. assignment 'P'), normal GL,AR,AP project related entries and all the transactions are successfuly posted with the correct budget control checking.
1. Is there any missing configurations related to this scenario?
2. Once the asset for project being depreciated, would the depreciation amt being posted to WBS and able to be displayed in Project reportings?
Thanks in advance!