The following AR Dowm payment cancelation has been processed (as per the SAp WIKI)
- but the down payment clearning account still has a value - how can this be reversed?
2007A PL 42
1. If a 'Down Payment Invoice' (DPI) is unpaid and requires cancellation, then an 'AR Credit Note' can be used.
2. The 'AR Credit Note' should be based on the DPI. This will create the correct journal entries necessary to cancel the DPI.
3. This is a screenshot of a DPI and its associated journal entry:
4. The credit note based on the unpaid DPI will credit the customer and the associated tax accounts accordingly.