Skip to Content

"WSAEADDRINUSE" from custom app - how to debug? (blog post)

We are getting intermittent errors in a custom .NET app, with messages to the effect:

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR partner not reached (host, service 3301)

TIME Tue Dec 08 06:48:56 2009


COMPONENT NI (network interface)


RC -10

MODULE ninti.c

LINE 976

DETAIL NiPConnect2


ERRNO 10048

ERRNO TEXT WSAEADDRINUSE: Address already in use

I wrote a semi-fictional blog post explaining the background and debugging so far:


Any other tips on how to debug would be appreciated. Reply here or on the blog (but not both :-).



Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 09, 2009 at 01:55 PM

    A search for WSAEADDRINUSE gives several hits - including this forum article and 2 OSS-notes (734095 and 804139).

    734095 is a prime suspect if you are seeing this symptom on a Windows platform.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • I am closing this thread. I wish I had a definitive answer to post, but all I know is that we moved the application to new hardware (presumably faster) and we get fewer errors. Thus the issue is unresolved, but apparently acceptable to users. I'll post again if I learn more.


Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.