I have this scenario for upgrading from boe xi r2 to xi 3.1
1. Report just using Desktop Intelligence and about 400 reports
2. there are 4 universe
3. total about 200 users.
4. Using SSO with AD authentification for authorization
There are 2 servers (dev and prd).
I plan using below steps to upgrade (any advice would be useful ^^):
1. First, backup to BIAR file from the boe xi r2 prd servers.
2. Install and upgrade the boe xi r2 in dev server into boe xi 3.1
3. After the boe xi 3.1 is successfully installed in the dev server, this part where i'm still confuse whether using Import Wizard to use the BIAR file in the step one as the source or directly using boe xi r2 CMS as the source (any advice which one is better?) to test whether the report from prd is run and well.
4. Check the data, report and user groups validity after being imported from xi r2 prd server.
5. after all the necessary objects were checked and valid, this step will install and upgrade the boe xi r2 into boe xi 3.1 in the prd server. (need to notify all users about this migration process and the system maybe down meanwhile)
6. after the installation and upgrade is completed in prd server, using the import wizard again to import all the necessary objects from dev server boe xi 3.1 into prd server boe xi 3.1
any help, comment and advice will be useful ^^