Skip to Content

distribution monitor import phase

Hello

I'm doing an unicode conversion in a EHP4 701 .

I did the export through distribution monitor without problem.

when a install the system through sapinst and arrive to the phase when sapinst asks me to use distribution monitor for import, i have the problem.

When I try to import with DM i have the ORA-1017

R3load -testconnect I

DbSl Trace: OCI-call 'OCISessionBegin' failed with rc=1017

DbSl Trace: CONNECT failed with sql error '1017'

DbSl Trace: OCI-call 'OCISessionBegin' failed with rc=1017

DbSl Trace: CONNECT failed with sql error '1017'

(DB) ERROR: db_connect rc = 256

DbSl Trace: OCI-call 'OCISessionBegin' failed with rc=1017

DbSl Trace: CONNECT failed with sql error '1017'

DbSl Trace: OCI-call 'OCISessionBegin' failed with rc=1017

DbSl Trace: CONNECT failed with sql error '1017'

(DB) ERROR: DbSlErrorMsg rc = 99

R3load: job finished with 1 error(s)

R3load: END OF LOG: 20091201151546

I don't know how to solve the problem...

let me know if you have some idea

thanks

Nick

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Dec 01, 2009 at 02:43 PM

    > when a install the system through sapinst and arrive to the phase when sapinst asks me to use distribution monitor for import, i have the problem.

    > When I try to import with DM i have the ORA-1017

    > R3load -testconnect I

    Check

    Note 400241 - Problems with ops$ or sapr3 connect to Oracle

    Markus

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 02, 2009 at 08:07 AM

    Sometimes a simple solution can be to temporarily set the password of sapsr3 to the default SAP

    Cheers Michael

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hello

      thanks for your help....

      I started Distribution Monitor with root user defining all the environment needed to connect the DB.

      the problem was that the export of 'non-unicode' DB had owner SAPR3 and when I installed with sapinst the unicode instance

      i have used SAPSR3. So when i started DM for the import i had to put in root envornment also the dbs_ora_schema=SAPSR3 and resetting the user SAPSR3 to sap.

      So the problem was solved.....

      thanks

      Nick