Another Surcharge (license, cost) for .Net /Java connector or WebServices?
My company has been implemented only ECC6 and we have a round 20 User licenses.
We would like to develop a web application (May be .Net or J2EE) to connect SAP to process transaction in SAP.
I have found the SAP connector (RFC) in SAP Marketplace and I have knew that we can create web services via Function Module. It's very very interested to make a connection with SAP.
However I have some questions about cost when we implement web application that used SAP Connector (.Net/Java Connector) or Web Services.
I have found the license term but I'm still not clear the cost if we implement this solution.
Please help me to clear my questions below.
- Which is the fastest solution (.Net or Java Connector or Web-services)?
- Do I have to buy other license or cost when we connect to SAP via SAP Connector?
- Do I have to buy other license or cost when we connect to SAP via Web-services?
- If I have to buy other license or cost, could you give me the cost or information?
- What's user type that we can make a connection?
- What are things that we should aware when we use SAP Connector?
- What are things that we should aware when we use Web-Services?
Please kindly suggest me.
Thank you very much.
The SAP JCo is only available from SAP for connecting Java Applications to SAP Systems. Other than the above permitted usage is not allowed by SAP. The redistribution of the SAP JCo is not allowed. The terms and regulations of the respective End User License Agreement shall otherwise apply.
Java® is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc., 901 San Antonio Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA.
All SAP connectors are licensed without additional license fees as part of the respective solution or component license. However, please note that each developer using a connector is required to get a respective development license and that all users accessing application functionality through the relevant connector are required to be licensed under a respective solution or component license.
Answers to frequently asked questions about the license terms of SAP JCo can be found on the FAQs Page of SAP JCo, especially under questions and answers from number 12 through number 17.